Thursday, January 21, 2010

Your experience as a Mum in one word

A friend once bumped into me at the shops not long after having Lucy, my second baby, and remarked, "It's a unique stage of life". Quite a good description.

Unique.

If you could use any word to describe your experience as a Mum, what would it be?

I realise it's not a word, but supercalifragilisticexpialidocious comes to mind for me - thought I'd google it, and of course there's no dictionary definition. But here's what came up in my search, "Where did supercalifragilisticexpialidocious come from? Yes, From the famous Disney movie Mary Poppins. Though used in such a positive tone in the movie, it's a great over exaggerated way of describing a fun time or a person's character."

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I usually like to keep things balanced - supercalifragilisticexpialidocious doesn't really incorporate all the difficult experiences and the struggles associated with being a Mum - but I'll go with this word anyway. Overall that's been my experience as a Mum so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment