Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pondering about Motherhood

I don't really like the term 'motherhood' as it sounds a bit formal and in my mind doesn't sound very fun, but part of the definition in the dictionary is 'the state of being a mother' or 'the qualities traditionally associated with being a mum', which is more what I'm wanting this blog to be about. The state of being a Mum, including the fun stuff and the tough stuff.

I have another blog, Pondering About Life, that I started back in June 2009. But I decided it'd be good to create a separate blog specifically about being a Mum. I'd love the opportunity to interact more with other blogging Mums and ponder together about our lives as Mums, and most of all to encourage each other that we're not alone in our struggles, and to share practical ideas about surviving motherhood.

I've been a single Mum for over 12 months now. My girls were nearly 1 and nearly 2 when we first separated. It's been a tough experience, but I'm sure many others have even tougher stories than mine. Being a Mum isn't an easy road, though it is rewarding. At times it's exhausting, frustrating and overwhelming, and at other times it's wonderful, and lots of fun.

I have no idea how frequently I'll post on this blog. As a person who likes structure and being systematic, all that kind of goes out the window when you're a Mum. Regardless of how often I post, I'd love this to be an interactive blog, to hear stories from other Mums and for us to be able to encourage and support each other. You can email me too at alison.janne.young@gmail.com

Looking forward to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment